Lao Tzu said it best,”A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.”
Adversity is inevitable, but difficulties or misfortunes don’t have to keep you from achieving your intended goals and finding the happiness you seek in business and in life.
It’s how you overcome these adversities can make all the difference.
Every challenge we successfully conquer serves to strengthen not only our will, but our confidence, and therefore our ability to confront future obstacles.
So, the next time you find yourself standing in front of a huge mountain that feels impossible to climb — whether it involves your job, partner or business — refer to these wise words and inspirational quotes to help you find your way and remember why you started on this journey in the first place.
1. Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible. -Francis of Assisi
2. Success is to be measured not so much by the position that one has reached in life as by the obstacles which he has overcome. -Booker T. Washington
3. The only thing that overcomes hard luck is hard work. -Harry Golden
4. Always bear in mind that your own resolution to success is more important than any other one thing. -Abraham Lincoln
5. Success is 99 percent failure. -Soichiro Honda
6. Turn your wounds into wisdom. -Oprah Winfrey
7. Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go. -William Feather
8. There’s a bit of magic in everything, and some loss to even things out. -Lou Reed
9. There is no education like adversity. -Disraeli
10. I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination. -Jimmy Dean
11. Believe you can and you’re halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt
12. Seize every opportunity along the way, for how sad it would be if the road you chose became the road not taken. -Robert Brault
13. I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.’ -Muhammad Ali
14. If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door. -Milton Berle
15. Your big opportunity may be right where you are now. -Napoleon Hill
16. Everyone here has the sense that right now is one of those moments when we are influencing the future. -Steve Jobs
17. The best preparation for tomorrow is doing your best today. -H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
18. Jumping at several small opportunities may get us there more quickly than waiting for one big one to come along. -Hugh Allen
19. Opportunities do not come with their values stamped upon them. -Maltbie Babcock
Be a Unicorn in a Sea of Donkeys
Get my very best Unicorn marketing & entrepreneurship growth hacks:
- Sign up to have them sent to your email directly
2. Sign up for occasional Facebook Messenger Marketing news & tips via Facebook Messenger.
About the Author
Larry Kim is the CEO of MobileMonkey — provider of the World’s Best Facebook Messenger Marketing Platform. He’s also the founder of WordStream.
You can connect with him on Facebook Messenger, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram.
Do you want a Free Facebook Chatbot builder for your Facebook page? Check out MobileMonkey!
Originally published on Inc.com
Short Inspirational Quotes for Overpower Trouble was originally published in Marketing and Entrepreneurship on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.